The mission of the American Society of Diagnostic and Interventional Nephrology is to promote the appropriate application of new and existing procedures in order to improve the care of patients with kidney disease.
These procedures include, but are not limited to:
- insertion of tunneled hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis catheters,
- endovascular procedures,
- and diagnostic sonography.
Activities of the Society include:
- the establishment of practice standards,
- certification of physicians in specific procedures,
- accreditation of training programs in specific procedures,
- development of training tools and techniques,
- sponsoring symposia and training courses,
- and the dissemination of information through periodic meetings and through print and other media.
The Society organized its first program in New Orleans and holds programs in conjunction with the ASN annual meetings.
The Society is working closely with other societies and with nephrology training programs to achieve its goals. All physicians (nephrologists and others), nurses, technologists, and administrators involved with the care of nephrology patients are invited to join and become active in the Society.