American Society of Diagnostic and Interventional Nephrology
The mission of the American Society of Diagnostic and Interventional Nephrology is to promote the proper application of new and existing procedures to improve the care of patients with kidney disease.
The Society promotes education, research, public policy and clinical practice initiatives relating to diagnostic and interventional procedures. ASDIN works closely with other societies and programs to achieve its goals. All professionals involved in the care of patients with kidney disease are welcome to join and become active in the Society.
Activities of the Society include:
- the establishment of practice standards,
- certification of physicians in specific procedures,
- accreditation of training programs in specific procedures,
- development of training tools and techniques,
- sponsoring symposia and training courses,
- and the dissemination of information through periodic meetings and through print and other media.
The American Society of Diagnostic and Interventional Nephrology was founded in 2000. The Society organized its first program in New Orleans and holds programs in conjunction with the ASN annual meetings.